Stock Photography Database
I license Images for Commercial and Editorial Uses
I license images for all uses including:
- Advertising, brochures, media presentations and other promotional materials
- Magazine and newspaper editorial
- Web sites, Multimedia Software
- Books, CDs, Posters, Calendars, Greeting Cards, etc.
If you want to purchase a fine-art print, please visit Ordering Fine-Art Prints.
Instructions for Requesting an Image License/Quote
- Click on the 'License Image' button or the shopping cart icon on nearly every large photo page on my site for pricing and ordering instructions.
- Refer to the Page Size / Image Resolution Chart below to determine your desired image size.
Areas of Specialization
Areas of specialization include:
- Travel: popular and exotic tourist sights and local cultures featuring South America, Southern Africa, Southeast Asia, New Zealand, Europe and North America
- Environmental/Nature/Wildlife: landscapes, animals, adventure travel and lifestyles
- Fine Art: abstract, panoramic landscapes and cityscapes
My database of stock photos includes many more than are currently displayed on slrobertson.com, especially similars. I periodically post new images, but if you have a specific image need and cannot find it on slrobertson.com, please contact me to inquire if I might have it on file.
Common Publication Page Sizes and Image Resolutions
|Image Size||Inches||Millimeters||Pixels||RAW File/JPEG Compression|
|¼ Page||3.33" x 5"||85mm x 127mm||1500 x 1000||6.13Mb/520K|
|½ Page||5" x 8"||127mm x 203mm||2400 x 1500||13.7Mb/1Mb|
|¾ Page||9" x 6"||229mm x 152mm||2700 x 1800||18.5Mb/1.2Mb|
|Full/Cover||11" x 8.5"||280mm x 216mm||3300 x 2550||32Mb/1.7Mb|
|Larger||Most images are available at up to 11"x17", panoramas larger still|
Notes on Image Licensing
- I do not license images for free and I do not license images solely for credits or URL links back to my site. Only students may use my images for free in school reports and presentations, but you must obtain my permission first.
- The minimum license fee for any transaction is USD $150 except under special circumstances (see below).
- Photo credit: "Photo © www.slrobertson.com" must be used for images licensed for editorial publications unless expressly waived in writing.
Exceptions to the the above:
- I may consider bartering image use in exchange for products and/or services at my discretion.
- I normally discount my fees for multiple image licenses, uses or both.
- I will most likely allow free personal use of my images (i.e. personal home pages, school reports and presentations, etc.), but you must get my approval first.
Images are licensed in a traditional, rights-protected manner and you may purchase exclusive use of an image either in a certain territory or within a certain type of business if you so desire. The license fee for an image is based on your specific use of the image. Discounts may apply for multiple images, multiple uses, etc.
Payment and Delivery
Payment must be made in US Dollars and can be made via credit card (via PayPal.com only) or check. The easiest and quickest method of payment is by credit card using PayPal. Non-US customers may also pay via bank wire transfer, on request, and must pay an additional USD$25 wire transfer fee.
All images are delivered via Internet download in digital format as RGB files ('Adobe RGB 1998' color space), sized to 300 dpi at your chosen page size (see Page Size / Image Resolution Chart above) and compressed to JPEG level 9 or 10, which is appropriate for almost all output purposes. Uncompressed TIFF files and CMYK files are available by special request.
Images are made available for Internet download after payment has been received.
Not every image is available for advertising use. In rare cases, subjects in the photo may be trademarked or a release may not be available. If you are interested in such an image, additional information can be provided to you about how you may obtain permission to use the image